Well I clicked over 100kms on my bike today .. sounded the horn and did a 'woo hoo' in my helmet to celebrate. Yes ... I think it's official .... I've lost the plot!!!!
I had a bit of an 'internal' smile this morning when we woke up .... normally the first thought is 'oh crap, I don't want to go to work' or 'oh man, what problems are going to come up today'. However this morning's first thought was 'is it raining? no ... yay ... we can take the bikes!!'.
Will this novelty ever wear off? Yeah I guess it will but I'm hoping that it's always a pleasure and not a chore.
The roads were wet so I was a little bit nervous about the corners. Fortunately on the way to work there are no real tight corners ... there is a U-turn but I avoided that and went 500metres down the road to the round-about... what a woos!!! Still feel really nervous going into a corner but I'm sure that with time I'll get that under control.
Good things I learnt today:
1. My gear changes are getting much smoother
2. I'm getting up to the speed limit a lot quicker than I was on Wednesday
3. My wrists aren't anywhere near as sore today ... either bike levers are loosening up or I am!
Things I need to work on:
1. Confidence in cornering
2. Head checks before pulling out .... I do them all the time when changing lanes but forgot to do it today when John and I pulled out of the servo
3. Remember to take a scarf!!!
If the weather is nice on Sunday, John and I will hopefully do a run on the bikes together. Out to normal breakfast place and then maybe up to the Dandenongs.
To quote Kramer ... "I'm out there Jerry and I'm loving it"
(for those that know Seinfeld ... the quote is not in reference to what Kramer was talking about)